President Obama is betting his re-election chances on convincing enough people that Americans are not taxed enough. His designated villain is millionaires - a class that virtually everybody would like to be in.
On the week that we all have the IRS and taxes on our mind, however, it is instructive to look at the bigger picture. The Tax Foundation and the Republican Study Committee offer us the following graph that shows Americans spend more on government at the federal, state, and local level that to provide the essentials of food, shelter and clothing. Yikes!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 11 hours ago