President Obama is betting his re-election chances on convincing enough people that Americans are not taxed enough. His designated villain is millionaires - a class that virtually everybody would like to be in.
On the week that we all have the IRS and taxes on our mind, however, it is instructive to look at the bigger picture. The Tax Foundation and the Republican Study Committee offer us the following graph that shows Americans spend more on government at the federal, state, and local level that to provide the essentials of food, shelter and clothing. Yikes!
- Ed Henry goes there: Why is Obama fundraising after admitting he has no ISIS strategy? Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago