Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Big, Dan is right.... Bill of Rights is a great thing, but only if enforced. The 10th Amendment, the 4th, 1st, etc.. have been largely eroded. The purpose of the Amendments have long been forgotten, and ignored. obamacare is a wonderful example of this. It is clearly unconstitutional by the Constitution itself and by the Bill of Rights, and yet it is law of the land.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Bowe Bergdahl returning to active duty this week Allahpundit 13 minutes ago
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 52 minutes ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago