Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Big, Dan is right.... Bill of Rights is a great thing, but only if enforced. The 10th Amendment, the 4th, 1st, etc.. have been largely eroded. The purpose of the Amendments have long been forgotten, and ignored. obamacare is a wonderful example of this. It is clearly unconstitutional by the Constitution itself and by the Bill of Rights, and yet it is law of the land.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 13 mins ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 53 mins ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago