This is not about the American Dream or a Horatio Alger story. (Does anybody remember him?) Nor is it mythmaking. It's made of sterner stuff than that....
Hey Dread.. that almost made sense. I agree vast majority of people are completely or mostly ignorant of our history, or of history in general... while knowing everything about some American Idol or what Actor is married to whom. That doesn't change the fact that there is a huge difference between impassioned learning of history and one with ideological biased. History, happened, for good for bad, evil or not, it happened. The best we can do is learn from it, but not ignore any wrinkle no matter how inconvenient it may be.
Every schoolchild with enough smarts and curiosity to get beyond the latest video game of "Call of Duty" ought to go see "Lincoln," the movie, and check out the references and his own attention span. It requires patience, but it shows through dramatic action how a self-taught rustic from the deep backwoods had the emotional and intellectual discipline to overcome poverty and grow up to be a president to rank among the greatest.
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago