This is not about the American Dream or a Horatio Alger story. (Does anybody remember him?) Nor is it mythmaking. It's made of sterner stuff than that....
Without a doubt if Union broke we would have had wars between Northern and Southern states. Without a doubt America wouldn't have become a power, as it is today. That doesn't excuse Lincoln ignoring the Constitution nor does it excuse the rise of the all powerful Federal Government. As to WWII, WWII was direct result of WWI not being finished... it basically was WWI part 2. The main reason why WWII happened was as a result of our involvement in WWI, which broke the stalemate. While we do not have a ways to be check any of the "What Ifs", it is very doubtful that Hitler would have rose to power without the Versile treaty and the whole culture that arose due to the "Stab in the back" believes in Germany. So as far as we are concern
Every schoolchild with enough smarts and curiosity to get beyond the latest video game of "Call of Duty" ought to go see "Lincoln," the movie, and check out the references and his own attention span. It requires patience, but it shows through dramatic action how a self-taught rustic from the deep backwoods had the emotional and intellectual discipline to overcome poverty and grow up to be a president to rank among the greatest.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 8 hours ago