This is not about the American Dream or a Horatio Alger story. (Does anybody remember him?) Nor is it mythmaking. It's made of sterner stuff than that....
You hurt me, I am wounded by your logic. You see, I don't care one bit about anybody who emotes, instead of trying to have a rational argument. Nor do I care if you call me a racist ( I only have to answer to a man in a mirror, and what some guy on Internet things of me is not relevant). However unlike you I actually studied the era beyond the rhetoric that is so prevalent today, and if you looked at the 1830-1860 you would have actually understand what was happening in the south. So while you chose to be ignorant, I chose to look at the truth.
Every schoolchild with enough smarts and curiosity to get beyond the latest video game of "Call of Duty" ought to go see "Lincoln," the movie, and check out the references and his own attention span. It requires patience, but it shows through dramatic action how a self-taught rustic from the deep backwoods had the emotional and intellectual discipline to overcome poverty and grow up to be a president to rank among the greatest.
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago