P.PS American total strength in 1914 was 100K people including National Guard. Total number of Marines is 214K ( I believe would have to look it up to be sure, but close enough). Now ALL marines are issued bayonets, therefore we have more bayonets now ( just counting Marines not Army and others) then we did in 1914.... So ahm want to take that one up as well?
This is a picture of US Special Operations Forces riding horses into Afghanistan in 2001. Contrary to the President's snide comments last night, sometimes horses in fact still play an important role in the military -- and their work in Afghanistan will be commemorated with a
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 5 hours ago