I agree with him, but with an asterisk. First of all Correlation does not imply causation. While people who get College degree do tend to have lower unemployment, that is primarily due to the fact that traditionally people who went to College already had higher values, higher capabilities and higher means than those who haven't. Secondly lately the mantra that you must get College has became a Siren call. Those who can't afford it nor have propensity for it get themselves in huge debt while getting useless degrees, such as Racial Studies. College today is a pro profit industry of the Left to turn out Left voters, not to offer opportunities. When one speaks of viability of College and how much lower the employment rate is, one should compare useful degrees (such as Engineering) with useless Degrees (Dance, Racial Studies, Women Studies, etc..). We shouldn't be pushing our kids to go into a College if they can't get something out of it. We should be pushing education, hard work, personal responsibility, etc.. Those are keys towards future success, and we must understand that what is good for one person may not be good for another.
Yes because I am sure Putin is afraid of obama. In the same way as Andre and Giant be afraid of Peewee Herman.
Sorry no sympathies, no care, no tears. NY did this to themselves, and they must reap what they have sawn. They wanted a Socialist? Well boys and girls you got one. Enjoy, and if you ever want to find blame, look into the mirror.

The 'Fairness' Fraud

Marek3 Wrote: Feb 25, 2014 12:50 PM
Fortunately in Computer field years at work equal degrees; and yet any degree often gets your though the door. Of course 4 years is very new, depending on what he does. Depending what he does that often is about 40K top. :) takes about 10 years for 6 figures if he is in UNIX, longer with Windows.

The 'Fairness' Fraud

Marek3 Wrote: Feb 25, 2014 12:45 PM
We as a society, not individuals. The reality is that regardless of what we, as individuals say, Multiculturalism, Diversity, etc is reality in America.

The 'Fairness' Fraud

Marek3 Wrote: Feb 25, 2014 12:09 PM
I work with computers (UNIX), and as part of my job I hire people. In all my years of doing this (and it has been decades) I worked with precisely 2 Women Sys Admins (both horrible), out of hundreds of guys. In all the interviews I have done, I had precisely 1 women whom I interviewed. I only interviewed 2 blacks, no hispanics, some Asians (not as many as you may think). I also came here as an immigrant with 0 money, and couldn't obtain scholarships because I am White (Was actually told that so it isn't a guess). Therefore notion that somehow I had White advantage is at best laughable. There are two ways to get into this profession. One is to go to college and get a degree, the other is to work (starting with the bottom) and work yourself up. Which is to say you work for a call center making barely a minimum wage. There is absolutely no reason to either assume nor justify this as any sort of discrimination. We are self selected bunch of Geeks who spend our youth Playing D&D and being on a Computer. Yet if one follows Liberal logic we would be considered one of the most racist people out there, not to mention sexis. like it is often the case, Liberal logic doesn't meet the first level of justification; but that isn't the point, is it? The point of Liberal Logic is to draw in emotions to gather the clueless. People are, gasp, different! With culture being the predominate force in mankind. Blacks aren't successful, by and large (2nd poorest minority after American Indians), because they are Black but rather because the culture that most grow up with is a culture which precludes success. The reason Asians are successful by and large, isn't because they are inherently superior but because they come from a culture with values that helps success. If we, as a society, started to actually give a damn about success of people, and not just speak in a bumper sticker doublespeak, we would get rid of the evils that are Multiculturalism, Diversity and most of all, Liberal/Socialistic mentality. Except we don't really care about other people welfare do we? Only how good it makes us feel.
Most, sane, Libertarians do not want to get rid of traditional values, rather get Government (read Federal Government) out of enforcing them. Take abortion for instance, point me in the Constitution to a section that gives Federal Government right to make it legal or illegal? (murder BTW is not illegal by Federal Law, except on Federal Property). Tell me where in the Constitution is there a right for Federal Government to deny or accept Gay marriage? The point most Libertarians say is that GOP is two faced. On one hand it speaks of small Government but on another it tries to enforce its morality, not to mention such things as Farmer Subsidies, military industrial complex (and please note I am not saying Military isn't needed, but far too many GOP Congressman put pork in it to ensure their Bases, their defense contractors are paid). I think that GOP on national level would have far more success if it concentrated on the message of small Federal Government, Constitutional boundaries, and economy and keep traditional values in States where it belongs. I am involved in party politics and I've seen first hand how people chose their nominees. It isn't based on Constitution, on economy, on small Government, etc.. it is on Abortion. GOP has problem with their message, they don't know how to attack they don't know how to articulate and they don't know how to win the hearts. Reagan was the last person who understood, and yes I am aware he was social conservative but he didn't run that way. Note, I am fully aware that immoral society can't function, just that morality is not Federal Government problem.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Marek3 Wrote: Feb 20, 2014 8:04 PM
Tref that is a lost argument, you simply won't win with media on Liberal side. What you are doing is playing into their hands. Your arguments are automatically dismissed because you are the "radical", "conspiracy theorist", etc.. All which automatically dismisses all your arguments. Do I believe he is not eligible? Honestly I am assuming he is. I am far more concern about what he does. If I could write my own perfect script for the future. I would make sure that all his ideas are finally discredited, his legacy (such as obamcare) destroyed; and THEN it comes up that he was not eligible and he is removed from the ranks of Presidents. However we don't live in an idea world where we get to script our future, hence I am only concern what can be done.

The Lesson of Dunkirk

Marek3 Wrote: Feb 20, 2014 7:18 PM
Agreed, but there is something very important to remember about Dunkirk that shouldn't be lost. British got away ONLY due to the internal struggle and ultimate stupidity of German high Command. Goering not wanting to give the Army all the glory persuaded Hitler to stop the tanks so that he could finish off the Allies. For 3 days German tanks stood still. While ultimately British were able to escape. Democratic party likewise has made many mistakes (such as obama lying about obamacare) and it is up to GOP to take advantage of such. Instead GOP, to follow up with the analogy, is as if British waited for the tanks instead of doing the right thing. GOP is losing because of its inability to have a coherent message, and to properly articulate its positions, AND because those of us on the Right often refuse to compromise not understanding that often in life (at least in politics) the only choice that one has is between terrible evil, or just evil. obama only won because Conservative stayed home, and because GOP refused to attack him for fear of being labeled a racist. Imagine if Eisenhower on D-day instead of attacking Nazi decided instead to try not offend the Nazi, and instead send 1/2 of tops, just to be fair.

Concealing Evil

Marek3 Wrote: Feb 19, 2014 3:23 PM
One thing. WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY! The whole notion is an anathema to what our Founding Fathers created, and what America stands for. We are a REPUBLIC, majority doesn't rule. Rather we have Laws which are bases of our system (Read Constitution) which determines all other laws (well at least in theory in practice we trashed the Constitution). Our Founding Fathers called Democracy a Tyranny of Majority and that's precisely what it is. When 51% get to force their way on 49% you have no rights, no safety, and no ability to be anything but a faceless member of the mob.

Random Thoughts

Marek3 Wrote: Feb 11, 2014 11:50 AM
I agree our Inner cities, thanks to the politics of Envy, division, and hate (brought to us by the Democratic party) are little better than war zones. However doing the wrong thing in hopes of getting right results never works out in the end. Stop and Frisk is NOT Constitutional and should never be done. Yes even if it will protect lives. There are times when standing up to things that are wrong is worth the sacrifice. Instead of Stop and Frisk we should follow the rest of the Constitution, more specifically 14th Amendment and treat people regardless of color equally (as opposed of the preferential treatment), 2nd Amendment, and most importantly keep the Federal Government bound by the first 3 Articles of the Constitution so they do not keep putting their nose in things trying to call Racism everything for political gain. We do that, and Stop and Frisk will become redundant.