When Luttrell cast the deciding vote to turn loose the farmers who had stumbled upon him and...
Both during the Clinton Administration and with the current regime the hypothesis has been raised that there is more afoot than just the usual constellation of feminist and minority cultural marxist animus towards traditional military values at work here. The suspicion is to transform the armed forces from the nation's military to the government's armed force. There is a big difference. The latter is a sort of super police agency ready to enforce the will of the state against the citizenry. By devaluing traditional militiary virtues and trying to attract as many psychologically marginalized individuals as possible the goal is to fill the ranks with angry disaffected people who basically dislike traditional American culture intensely.
In Lone Survivor, a chilling, firsthand account of the loss of eleven members of the Navy’s elite Sea, Air, Land (SEAL) Team and eight Army aviators, Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell describes the fateful decision that led to disaster for him and death for his comrades. It came down to a judgment call about whether to risk prosecution and jail-time for doing whatever it took to complete their mission, or to allow three Afghan goatherds to rat out his unit to the Taliban.
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 48 mins ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago