When Luttrell cast the deciding vote to turn loose the farmers who had stumbled upon him and...
Both during the Clinton Administration and with the current regime the hypothesis has been raised that there is more afoot than just the usual constellation of feminist and minority cultural marxist animus towards traditional military values at work here. The suspicion is to transform the armed forces from the nation's military to the government's armed force. There is a big difference. The latter is a sort of super police agency ready to enforce the will of the state against the citizenry. By devaluing traditional militiary virtues and trying to attract as many psychologically marginalized individuals as possible the goal is to fill the ranks with angry disaffected people who basically dislike traditional American culture intensely.
In Lone Survivor, a chilling, firsthand account of the loss of eleven members of the Navy’s elite Sea, Air, Land (SEAL) Team and eight Army aviators, Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell describes the fateful decision that led to disaster for him and death for his comrades. It came down to a judgment call about whether to risk prosecution and jail-time for doing whatever it took to complete their mission, or to allow three Afghan goatherds to rat out his unit to the Taliban.
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 23 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago