Kellie, I agree that ideally there should be a debate, but the "progressives" who are overly represented in mainstream media, academia, and the entertainment industry do now want a debate, they want this issue to be considered settled and for anyone who questions the acceptability of SSM to be shamed into silence by being labeled a bigot, backward, homophobic, whatever. It really is a disgusting way to attempt to suppress the free and truly (not just seeming) open display of ideas in this country. I think Kennedy's attributing "animus" as the motives for those who supported DOMA in the congress was deplorable and reckless.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014