Kellie, I agree that ideally there should be a debate, but the "progressives" who are overly represented in mainstream media, academia, and the entertainment industry do now want a debate, they want this issue to be considered settled and for anyone who questions the acceptability of SSM to be shamed into silence by being labeled a bigot, backward, homophobic, whatever. It really is a disgusting way to attempt to suppress the free and truly (not just seeming) open display of ideas in this country. I think Kennedy's attributing "animus" as the motives for those who supported DOMA in the congress was deplorable and reckless.
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago