Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
not in my state of Mass too many parasites like Fluke and obama's S L U T that did that video for him
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 5 hours ago