Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
as the dems have not passed a budget in 3+ years nothing they say means anything, they are liars and traitors
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Elizabeth Warren on Hillary Clinton’s qualifications for 2016: No comment. Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 4 hours ago