Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
as the dems have not passed a budget in 3+ years nothing they say means anything, they are liars and traitors
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago