Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
as the dems have not passed a budget in 3+ years nothing they say means anything, they are liars and traitors
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 46 mins ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago