In the letter, Geithner writes that the ceiling will be hit on December 31, and even though the Treasury Department will be able to undertake "extraordinary measures" to make sure the U.S. won't experience the full effect of hitting the ceiling, there's an unspecified and unknown amount of time before a government shutdown...
where is the fing budghet required by law you lying pos traitor?
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner wrote a letter to Congress today that the federal government will once more hit the statutory debt ceiling on Monday, allowing an unspecified amount of time before the government will have to shut down crucial operations merely to service its debt.
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 27 minutes ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago