As Speaker John Boehner said last week, this is a stalemate. Both Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Speaker John Boehner made appearances on Fox News Sunday yesterday with two very different views on how to prevent going over the fiscal cliff on January 1. Geithner said the White House has offered a very detailed plan (even though it has zero spending cuts), while Boehner said fiscal cliff talks are going nowhere, that President Obama wants to "ramrod a deal through," and that Obama has offered a "non-serious proposal."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 8 hours ago