Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
WTF is wrong with this POS traitor?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 15 hours ago