As Catholics Go, So Goes the Nation

Marc63 Wrote: Jun 05, 2012 11:39 PM
"a person of integrity and moral convictions (who) recognizes the complexity of moral issues which divide Americans." Real this person believes Obama to be a man of integrity or that moral issues are complex how same sex marriage is immoral, abortion is immoral, there is nothing complex there. And Peace has a price a very high one at that, those of us who do or have worn the uniform of the armed forces know that all to well. look to any veteran cemetery and you see a big part of the physical cost, look to the families of those who have fallen and to those injured in battle and how they struggle, now maybe you can get a better understanding of how great the cost our peace and liberty, and freedom really is.

What Happens to Democrats If Obama Loses

Marc63 Wrote: Jun 04, 2012 9:51 PM
The Democrat party has always been run by power hungry elitists, who believe the working class are not very smart that is why they are middle class and the poor are worse but good pawns for them to get what they want.The Republican party use to be the party truly for the people and for business as business back then was more the people as it was more small businesses in this country. The bad that has come to the top of the Republican party is there are too many hand me down rich just like the Democrat party. at the top both could be called democrat.

The Corzine Rule

Marc63 Wrote: Jun 04, 2012 5:17 PM
Groucho Marx said it best - Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing is and then misapplying the wrong remedies. that is right it is not lack of rules or regulations it is the wrong ones trying to fix what is wrong in the wrong way. in the Beltway Forrest Gump syndrome is always on over time - you know stupid as stupid does

Ann Romney Asks the Right Question

Marc63 Wrote: Jun 01, 2012 8:55 PM
While I do not believe it is too late, it is close to crisis. It is obese, just a lite look at some of that touched in this article. defense up .2% not out of the question, but better accounting, and crack down on companies that bloat their costs at tax payer expense. Both medicaid and medicare have extreme fraud, has to be a way to work toward elimination of fraud and waste there as well as all of government. Social Security needs total restructuring,( note this is from as 52 year old) would a raise in age for those not yet receiving SS really hurt? I for one do not like the idea of retiring I may change what I do but retire not if I can work. No hand out for me but a hand up if I fall. The Government needs to go on a major Diet.

Obama’s Campaign about Nothing

Marc63 Wrote: May 19, 2012 8:10 PM
But doing nothing won't further destroy the ecosystem and pass the blame on to oil companies who only want to leak oil all over the little animals to kill them or lumber companies who just cut down trees. Forget that Oil companies work hard to minimize their impact on the ecosystem, and lumber companies replant trees so that they can stay in business and newer trees I understand produce more O2 than older trees so. But we all know they don't care about any of this stuff really it is all about power not for the country to us but for them to wield to control us stupid middle class and poor.

Whacking Government Down to Size

Marc63 Wrote: May 18, 2012 8:41 PM
while your suggestion is quite good I would strongly say let us keep it to our country only and let the other countries deal with their own.
I only disagree with the premise that religion was absent from government but allowed to be used as a guide, a standard if you will for how to govern. But unlike every other nation government here was not allowed to dictate how religion was to be run nor used to defend entering into a conflict as a religious war. thus we grew as we did and prospered too.
Let us read some one from the past who knew to well what Mr Jackson and his kind want, this person of history is Joseph Stalin - "Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we don't let our people have guns why should we let them have ideas?" that is what social justice week is promoting. Oh yes, I will state the obvious, Camille Williams did not get any such emails from the NRA if she had she would gladly have given them to the press.

Who Is 'Racist'?

Marc63 Wrote: Apr 26, 2012 9:02 PM
I have but one question to ask. Who is racist, some one who uses a few words that might be seen as racial, or some one who tries to find racism any where they can even if it does not exist? To many people have become thin skinned whiners. I still stand behind the old saying:" sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me." or use this quote from Booker T. Washington: "I shall allow no man belittle my soul by making me hate him.