In response to:

Union "Victory": Chrysler Reinstates 13 Workers Fired for Drinking on the Job

manzana Wrote: Dec 13, 2012 10:22 AM
I have belonged to many unions in my life, and it is why I went back to schoool so that I would never have to work that kind of job. Sure, you have some good folks in unions, but the majority of it is setup to defy logic. You can never do what is logically right because the union rules are set up to protect laziness and sloth. As with lawyers, 90 percent of them give the other 10 percent a bad name.
Dr_Zinj Wrote: Dec 13, 2012 11:46 AM
the worst thing about this is, if an employee was injured on the job while hammered, the company would be liable, not the employee.
geotay Wrote: Dec 13, 2012 2:26 PM
buxton Wrote: Dec 14, 2012 2:29 AM
and their insurance would't pay up due to alcohol being a factor

The following story proves what common sense has long ago suggested, that unions have outlived any possible usefulness and they are also hugely counterproductive to the goal of getting any work done.

Please consider the Detroit News article Chrysler reinstates 13 workers fired for drinking on job.

Chrysler Group LLC says it was forced to reinstate 13 workers who were fired from its Jefferson North Assembly Plant two years ago after being filmed by a local television station...