If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
Let me give an example. In 1996, Bill Clinton "clarified" Movie ratings SInce that tiem we have been in undated with oprnaographic, or soft porn on both the movie screen and the TV set. After all, now all they have to do is warn you that what they are showing meets a certain standard as set by the government. Before that "movie bill of rights" was in place, Movie and TV moguls were more careful where they stepped, as they had no guidelines under which to be protected if they made a misstep. The Bill of Rights was the first doeument to be so used, and has been abused so ever since.
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 3 hours ago