If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
Let me give an example. In 1996, Bill Clinton "clarified" Movie ratings SInce that tiem we have been in undated with oprnaographic, or soft porn on both the movie screen and the TV set. After all, now all they have to do is warn you that what they are showing meets a certain standard as set by the government. Before that "movie bill of rights" was in place, Movie and TV moguls were more careful where they stepped, as they had no guidelines under which to be protected if they made a misstep. The Bill of Rights was the first doeument to be so used, and has been abused so ever since.
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 19 hours ago