If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
I must respectfully disagree. I believe the Bill of Rights was a mistake. Our government has used that document as a method of stateing that these are the ONLY rights that we have as citizens. And as long as they do not interfere with those rights, they are pretty much free to do whatever they want. This was clearly stated by Rep King of California in one of thsoe rare moments captured at a town hall meeting with him. Had they NOT issued the bill of rights, congress would have had little guidance on which to proceed, and would have been more careful.
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama will not go quietly in 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago