A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
It's very sad, tnmccoy, but Archie probably doesn't have to move anywhere in order to be happy. He merely has to wait a little longer, right here in America. Because his ideal world is coming to us. I despair. I want to die (I'm old now) somewhere else. Somewhere still free. If there is such a place.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago