A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
It's very sad, tnmccoy, but Archie probably doesn't have to move anywhere in order to be happy. He merely has to wait a little longer, right here in America. Because his ideal world is coming to us. I despair. I want to die (I'm old now) somewhere else. Somewhere still free. If there is such a place.
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 12 minutes ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 3 hours ago