A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
It's very sad, tnmccoy, but Archie probably doesn't have to move anywhere in order to be happy. He merely has to wait a little longer, right here in America. Because his ideal world is coming to us. I despair. I want to die (I'm old now) somewhere else. Somewhere still free. If there is such a place.
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 12 hours ago