When surveys are conducted, the people who are interviewed are randomly selected registered (in a good poll) likely voters who are willing to respond. But that just begins the process. Those responses must then be "weighted" or allocated based on some projected model of past or future voter turnout strength. In other...
In response to:
The polls at this point in the election cycle make for debate among political junkies. They have little to no meaning concerning the November result. What will have an impact upon November is the fact that Romney is holding back too much of his proposed programs. He remains a mystery to far too many people. At the very least. he should be presenting his energy policy, you know, in contrast to no energy policy for the past 4 years, other than give taxpayer money to Obama bundlers for green energy projects that go bankrupt upon receipt of the cash. It is time to begin fleshing out details to clearly demonstrate the failures of Obama. The time to sit back and allow Obama to throw mud and lies without meaningful response has passed.
As one who polled the 2008 presidential race extensively, it dawned on me, looking at the various "swing state" surveys taken recently, that many pollsters might be making a significant error that results in President Barack Obama with a lead, when perhaps the lead in reality belongs to Mitt Romney.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago