Curious how mobs camp out at stores for days to buy Christmas junk, but fewer and fewer attend church services even on Christmas. The reason Christians celebrate Christmas has been swept away with frenetic buying of stuff no one needs. True, the Magi brought gifts to the baby Jesus, but they did not kill on Black Friday to get what they gave, and the bore gifts as acts of homage, not obligation to give stuff no one needs. Trying to persuade that we need to keep Christ in Christmas often engenders quizzical looks - "Who"?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 6 hours ago