Curious how mobs camp out at stores for days to buy Christmas junk, but fewer and fewer attend church services even on Christmas. The reason Christians celebrate Christmas has been swept away with frenetic buying of stuff no one needs. True, the Magi brought gifts to the baby Jesus, but they did not kill on Black Friday to get what they gave, and the bore gifts as acts of homage, not obligation to give stuff no one needs. Trying to persuade that we need to keep Christ in Christmas often engenders quizzical looks - "Who"?
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 3 hours ago