Curious how mobs camp out at stores for days to buy Christmas junk, but fewer and fewer attend church services even on Christmas. The reason Christians celebrate Christmas has been swept away with frenetic buying of stuff no one needs. True, the Magi brought gifts to the baby Jesus, but they did not kill on Black Friday to get what they gave, and the bore gifts as acts of homage, not obligation to give stuff no one needs. Trying to persuade that we need to keep Christ in Christmas often engenders quizzical looks - "Who"?
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 4 hours ago