When I was in grade school, I remember going to birthday parties at the local bowling alley. Before the games would begin, the workers would install bumpers inside the gutters in order to prevent gutter balls and avoid "failure." When I was growing up, it was common for sports teams to award trophies to all the players so no little kid would have his or her feelings hurt at the end of the season. Today, there are school districts which no longer give out "F'" grades, and hundreds of high schools have removed class ranks so that my generation will feel...
In response to:
Where to begin? A very substantial number of cash cows (freshmen) do not belong in college - they are unprepared for college level work. To compensate, colleges offer college prep courses, formerly known as secondary education, and they have substantially dumbed down courses. Few of my students can present a cogent thought in writing. I can no longer use essay examinations because I have absolutely no idea what the presented answers are purporting to state. College is not trade school - it is the place where one learns how to learn, how to employ that gray stuff inside the cranium. Feminist, Black, Multiculture Studies programs are propaganda platforms where independent thinking is prohibited.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014