Ugh. It’s probably a good idea to finally accept the fact (if you haven’t already) that the American left’s unquenchable thirst for ever-higher taxes on “the rich” will never, ever be satiated, no matter how much money they get. Only if we tax upper incomes earners more, they insist with a smile and a straight face, can we finally find a “balanced approach” to solve the greatest fiscal challenges of our time. This is nonsense, of course, but Democrats in Washington seem utterly incapable of facing reality and accepting hard-truths. Enter Harry Reid (via Daniel...
In response to:
Republicans never learn. One can not deal with liberals. They lie. Republicans gave in on taxing the "rich" and got NOTHING in return on the spending cut side. Much to the great shock of all, the tax revenues won do nothing to reduce spending. So, once again, a "balanced" approach to the debt is back on the table. In liberalspeak, that means more tax the "rich." Obama will again take as a spending cut the avoidance of spending tax dollars on a census, as he did in 2011, and other similar lies, and hold out his hand for more tax dollars. Will Boehner again give in? We all know the answer!
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 4 hours ago