Ugh. It’s probably a good idea to finally accept the fact (if you haven’t already) that the American left’s unquenchable thirst for ever-higher taxes on “the rich” will never, ever be satiated, no matter how much money they get. Only if we tax upper incomes earners more, they insist with a smile and a straight face, can we finally find a “balanced approach” to solve the greatest fiscal challenges of our time. This is nonsense, of course, but Democrats in Washington seem utterly incapable of facing reality and accepting hard-truths. Enter Harry Reid (via Daniel...
In response to:
Republicans never learn. One can not deal with liberals. They lie. Republicans gave in on taxing the "rich" and got NOTHING in return on the spending cut side. Much to the great shock of all, the tax revenues won do nothing to reduce spending. So, once again, a "balanced" approach to the debt is back on the table. In liberalspeak, that means more tax the "rich." Obama will again take as a spending cut the avoidance of spending tax dollars on a census, as he did in 2011, and other similar lies, and hold out his hand for more tax dollars. Will Boehner again give in? We all know the answer!
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 10 minutes ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 50 minutes ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago