CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
the power behind the throne...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago