The Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in states that were in rebellion against the United States. West Virginia broke from Virginia at the start of the war and was a slave state; its slaves weren't freed. So your statement reflects the ignorance the prior poster deplores. The bigger travesty is that the United States was the only western power to fight a war to free it's slaves.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago