This culture of rudeness has deeply impacted the workplace environment. Too many Americans cannot hold jobs because both employers and employees refuse to behave civilly towards each other. There is less forgiveness and there are fewer efforts being made to solve...
In response to:
This is an excellent article. Our culture needs an overhaul, and it must start with the parents and the schools. Unfortunately, millions of parents are mental adolescents, having themselves been raised by mental adolescents. Likewise, millions of teachers are also perpetual adolescents, having themselves been turned out by the failing schools they now work for, schools where they were pampered and babied and given trophies for achieving nothing. A perfect example of how we infantilize our society (and encourage its rude and petulant behavior) is the fact that obamacare allows "kids" to stay on their parents' insurance till age 26. At age 26, I had been on my own, working for three years, and had my own family.
As rudeness is becoming increasingly common in our culture, Americans are finding it more difficult to work with each other. Far too many people now lack morals and manners. The U.S. has become a materialistic culture full of self-interest and lacking in respect for humanity. The outward manifestation of this is an inability to get along with others.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago