This culture of rudeness has deeply impacted the workplace environment. Too many Americans cannot hold jobs because both employers and employees refuse to behave civilly towards each other. There is less forgiveness and there are fewer efforts being made to solve...
In response to:
This is an excellent article. Our culture needs an overhaul, and it must start with the parents and the schools. Unfortunately, millions of parents are mental adolescents, having themselves been raised by mental adolescents. Likewise, millions of teachers are also perpetual adolescents, having themselves been turned out by the failing schools they now work for, schools where they were pampered and babied and given trophies for achieving nothing. A perfect example of how we infantilize our society (and encourage its rude and petulant behavior) is the fact that obamacare allows "kids" to stay on their parents' insurance till age 26. At age 26, I had been on my own, working for three years, and had my own family.
As rudeness is becoming increasingly common in our culture, Americans are finding it more difficult to work with each other. Far too many people now lack morals and manners. The U.S. has become a materialistic culture full of self-interest and lacking in respect for humanity. The outward manifestation of this is an inability to get along with others.
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 13 hours ago