Should we Americans be on-board with all the Republican spending programs like; 1. ethanol mandates 2. paying for missile defense for the EU 3. the 100 year social engineering project in Iraq 4. making Afghanistan a modern democratic state 5. increasing entitlement spending by passing Medicare Prescription 6. Expanding NATO to include Ukraine and the Republic of Georgia Once again, Republicans believe in HUGE government, they just can't be bothered to pay for it. Let's not forget that government expansion was two and a half times bigger under George W. Bush than under 'Bubba' Clinton.
Congatulations, Mr. President. You fought this election out on your principles and your ground -- the politics of identity, whether ethnic, class or partisan -- and prevailed. Early in the night. There was no contested cliffhanger. There was no extended legal struggle a la Bush v. Gore in 2000, the presidential election that threatened never to end. There are no demands that the Electoral College be abandoned in favor of some French-style popular vote. And no hard feelings. At least no more than the usual cavils. Call it a happy ending. Four More Years! Though they may be only four more...
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 52 mins ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 3 hours ago