Should we Americans be on-board with all the Republican spending programs like; 1. ethanol mandates 2. paying for missile defense for the EU 3. the 100 year social engineering project in Iraq 4. making Afghanistan a modern democratic state 5. increasing entitlement spending by passing Medicare Prescription 6. Expanding NATO to include Ukraine and the Republic of Georgia Once again, Republicans believe in HUGE government, they just can't be bothered to pay for it. Let's not forget that government expansion was two and a half times bigger under George W. Bush than under 'Bubba' Clinton.
Congatulations, Mr. President. You fought this election out on your principles and your ground -- the politics of identity, whether ethnic, class or partisan -- and prevailed. Early in the night. There was no contested cliffhanger. There was no extended legal struggle a la Bush v. Gore in 2000, the presidential election that threatened never to end. There are no demands that the Electoral College be abandoned in favor of some French-style popular vote. And no hard feelings. At least no more than the usual cavils. Call it a happy ending. Four More Years! Though they may be only four more...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago