And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Oh yeah. Send Panetta's and Dempsey's daughters to the Front. Fat chance of that EVER happening! Funny how they waited until their last day in office to sign this order. I'd throw in Petraeus's girlfriend, Captain Paula Broadbeam too: married, mother of two, seducer of 4 star general. She'd be great for combat unit cohesion. Wouldn't be any Band of Brothers, male bonding in combat units with her around.
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago