And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Oh yeah. Send Panetta's and Dempsey's daughters to the Front. Fat chance of that EVER happening! Funny how they waited until their last day in office to sign this order. I'd throw in Petraeus's girlfriend, Captain Paula Broadbeam too: married, mother of two, seducer of 4 star general. She'd be great for combat unit cohesion. Wouldn't be any Band of Brothers, male bonding in combat units with her around.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago