And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
Oh yeah. Send Panetta's and Dempsey's daughters to the Front. Fat chance of that EVER happening! Funny how they waited until their last day in office to sign this order. I'd throw in Petraeus's girlfriend, Captain Paula Broadbeam too: married, mother of two, seducer of 4 star general. She'd be great for combat unit cohesion. Wouldn't be any Band of Brothers, male bonding in combat units with her around.
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago