In debate this time around, Mitt Romney hammered Barack Obama mercilessly. Under the ongoing assault Obama's knees buckled and he repeatedly looked glassy-eyed. If the contest were a prizefight, the referee would have stepped...
“Mitt Romney hammered Barack Obama mercilessly. Under the ongoing assault Obama's knees buckled and he repeatedly looked glassy-eyed … and Romney accomplished just what he needed to. The debates left him looking reasonable, informed, competent and presidential. He glided suavely through them as President Obama snarled, looked spiteful, petty, mean-spirited and second-rate. Obama looked like the challenger and not a very gifted challenger. Americans went away feeling that Romney has the right stuff to be president and some wondered why a majority ever elected Obama president in 2008. Obama's presidency proves that not just anyone can serve in the country's highest office. In 2012, the charisma of this showman has exhausted itself.”
Reviewing the last few months of this tumultuous presidential campaign, I see the debates as having a wondrous salience. The first was the most momentous since Nixon vs. Kennedy, though that 1960 confrontation was mostly a matter of cosmetics. Listening to it on radio, many in the audience came away thinking that the participant with the five-o'clock shadow had won. That would have been Richard Nixon.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 7 hours ago