In debate this time around, Mitt Romney hammered Barack Obama mercilessly. Under the ongoing assault Obama's knees buckled and he repeatedly looked glassy-eyed. If the contest were a prizefight, the referee would have stepped...
“Mitt Romney hammered Barack Obama mercilessly. Under the ongoing assault Obama's knees buckled and he repeatedly looked glassy-eyed … and Romney accomplished just what he needed to. The debates left him looking reasonable, informed, competent and presidential. He glided suavely through them as President Obama snarled, looked spiteful, petty, mean-spirited and second-rate. Obama looked like the challenger and not a very gifted challenger. Americans went away feeling that Romney has the right stuff to be president and some wondered why a majority ever elected Obama president in 2008. Obama's presidency proves that not just anyone can serve in the country's highest office. In 2012, the charisma of this showman has exhausted itself.”
Reviewing the last few months of this tumultuous presidential campaign, I see the debates as having a wondrous salience. The first was the most momentous since Nixon vs. Kennedy, though that 1960 confrontation was mostly a matter of cosmetics. Listening to it on radio, many in the audience came away thinking that the participant with the five-o'clock shadow had won. That would have been Richard Nixon.
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago