This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
You have no evidence for your claim that Mary had even a single child other than her son, Jesus. There is no evidence of such. The language of the Jewish people of the time of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph was Aramaic, a "take off" of Hebrew. In both languages of Hebrew and Aramaic there is a word for 'brother'. BUT there is NO word for 'cousin.' They called near relatives "brothers"; cousins were called "brothers" as there was no better word to use. Don't believe me? Go to the Gospel messages of the crucifixion; all of them; and prepare a table listing who was there in one column, who their identified sons were and those who were their identified husbands were. Use all the Gospel accounts of this. AND you will quickly learn that ...
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago