What's wrong with using moving averages to assess trends in economic data? After all, it's a practice that is endorsed by the Federal Reserve.
That question arises today because of the WSJ's Josh Mitchell's analysis from last Friday, which suggests that initial jobless claims are trending down:
The number of Americans applying for unemployment insurance has fallen sharply since summer. The four-week moving average...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 12 hours ago