How soon is that? I have been trying to get a response to that question from Justice Department spokeswoman Nanda Chitre for about a month, but she is not returning my calls. Meanwhile, the U.S. attorney's offices in Colorado and Washington decline to give any indication of how they will treat the state-licensed marijuana stores that are scheduled...
The only wars that can be won are real wars. Any government 'War on______' is doomed to failure at best. At worst and all to often such 'wars' only increase and strengthen what they purport to combat.
Three months ago, voters in Colorado and Washington approved ballot initiatives aimed at legalizing the possession, production and distribution of marijuana. A month later, Attorney General Eric Holder said the Justice Department would settle on a response to this historic development "relatively soon."
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired president to address something he saw on the news today about Ukraine at 4 p.m. ET; Update: “Ongoing incursion”; Update: No strategy yet on ISIS Allahpundit 4 hours ago