I've been writing for years about the odd history of anti-immigration groups -- and they are anti-immigration, not just anti-illegal immigration. Groups like the Federation for American Immigration Reform, the Center for Immigration Studies, NumbersUSA, and others have little in common with conservatives. Now, a new and comprehensive analysis of these organizations details why conservatives should be...
These guys aren't MY bedfellows. Nor are they conservative bedfellows in general. As far as GOP congressmen inviting them to speak in hearings...were I 'invited' to speak in such hearings I would be waiting to be stabbed in the back and told to be silent while the knife was twisted. Congressional hearings are an abuse of power and an affront to the idea of a free citizenry.
As conservatives debate what to do about immigration reform in the wake of the GOP's disastrous showing among Hispanic voters in the 2012 presidential election, they might consider that the groups they've allied themselves with to date are strange bedfellows.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 3 hours ago