The latest Benghazi lie to crumble like a cigar ash was the assurance from White House spokesman Jay Carney that four State department employees had been fired for their mishandling of the situation following an internal report that found security to have been "grossly inadequate." On Dec. 20, Carney told reporters "Accountability has been brought to bear with regard to four individuals, who are very senior." Major news organizations reported that Eric Boswell, assistant secretary of state in charge of security,...
Carter also took full responsibility when his bizarre rescue plan for the hostages held in Iran literally crashed. Turns out he didn't resign either. 'Full responsibility' has become a meaningless phrase. I don't really expect people to literally fall on their swords but could they at least have the decency to quit sucking the government tit after they have gotten people killed?
Lyndon Johnson, step aside. Barack Obama is far more deserving than you ever were of the term "credibility gap."
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 12 hours ago