I said generally and I also stated that there is sometimes outright flouting of the ruled. Democrats tend to be the worst offenders. But they're not calling for a dictatorship, nor are they advocating imprisonment of people with differing political views (with the exception of those who oppose laws based on global warming - but those who advocate that are not taken seriously).
"...Paltrow may soon advocate the elimination of all elections and the placement of these irritating conservatives, who are blocking the President’s enlightened agenda, into political internment camps." Does anyone really believe this? I don't. Paltrow is an idiot but there is no evidence that this accusation is at all true. What is true is that people of both sides of the political aisle sometimes wish that they didn't have to play by the rules when something they believe is self-evidently important is thwarted by their opponents. But generally we all play by the rules and while there is fudging, gamesmanship and sometimes outright flouting of the rules only lunatics wish for dictatorships and prison camps. Similarly we sometimes wish that the opposition would just DIE without actually wanting that opposition assassinated.

Why I Oppose Liberalism

Mag14 Wrote: Oct 11, 2014 6:55 PM
Tacitus X is correct. There are stances of both liberalism and conservatism are areligious or barely religious. I like red meat as much as the next guy but there is a point where demonizing the other side (not to mention de facto announcing that they are all going to hell) is just lying - which I believe is incompatible with Christianity.

Bill's Wife is an Obama, Not a Clinton

Mag14 Wrote: Oct 11, 2014 1:06 AM
You really like quoted in Ransom's Comrade Column, don't you.

Stop Calling It Marriage Equality

Mag14 Wrote: Oct 11, 2014 12:51 AM
James, you may wish to reread what I wrote. It's quite clear. You will look in vain for 'sinister' or 'destroy marriage for heterosexuals'.
That is not a robot; it is a drone.

Stop Calling It Marriage Equality

Mag14 Wrote: Oct 11, 2014 12:26 AM
Amy, I apologize. I know that about you and I really should extrapolate that to other gay couples.

Stop Calling It Marriage Equality

Mag14 Wrote: Oct 10, 2014 9:54 PM
Is it me or does the whole 'federal benefits' aspect of the gay marriage argument sound like it's not so much about love as it is about taxes?

Let's Repeal Reality

Mag14 Wrote: Oct 10, 2014 11:57 AM
Didn't know LeGuin was a feminist. Her books are interesting - the ones with the gender strangeness. But I read them as science fiction, not as prescriptions.
Smokers frequently asked companions if they minded if they smoked. For much of the history of smoking smokers would put out their fires if women asked and generally did most of their smoking in bars with other men.
Maher is anti-religion but I think it is reasonable to assume he is more anti-Islam than he is anti-Christian - even when 'Religulous' is factored in. He deserves props for calling out liberals for being soft-on-Mohammadom.