Same. And I've mistaken people for employees before as well. What Michelle really means is, 'how dare you not realize I am Queen'.

Targeting "Assault Weapons" Again

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 19, 2014 12:01 PM
NOW I understand why Chapman is considered a conservative columnist: he's the only writer in Chicago who doesn't believe in gun control.

The Rules of War Need Updating

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 18, 2014 3:33 PM
An perfectly good column made weak by a title that seems to have accidentally leapt from the top of a completely different column. Our feckless responses to Islamic attacks have to do with our 'rulers', not our rules. The column neither addresses our rules nor proposes new ones. Poor editor work.

America Needs Its Rough Men

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 17, 2014 6:52 PM
A columnist here recently wrote on this subject and he pointed out that semantics really ARE the problem. We only really have one word for torture. Consider the word 'murder'. The left won't have it where unborn children are concerned, nor will most people allow it for the death penalty or war. 'Torture' is like 'murder' in that everything that falls under that category is 100% wrong and those who perpetrate them are 100% evil. The word murder has an acceptable cousin; kill. There are times when killing is acceptable, legal, even noble. I'm not saying that torture needs a makeover, only that we can't talk rationally about anything that comes under that definition because of its absolutist nature.
I agree. I believe that the government should keep secrets but I don't believe that they should criminalize every leak of whatever they want to keep secret. Because a given president, Obama for example, may choose to make secret things that are not so much a matter of national security as matters of extreme embarrassment.

Feds Banish Sex Stereotypes in Classrooms

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 8:28 PM
What is ironic to me is how many feminists seem to graduate from female-only colleges.

Feds Banish Sex Stereotypes in Classrooms

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 8:25 PM
"It is important for policy-makers to understand that transgender girls (who were assigned a male gender at birth) are not boys. Their consistent and affirmed gender identity as girls is as deep-seated as the gender identity of non-transgender girls." Prove it.

Ph.D.'s and other False Gods

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 7:52 PM
Then why go to the trouble of claiming that such false gods were demons in disguise? I still maintain that when the ten commandments appeared, whether written or created, false gods were understood to be entities (real or imagined) and not things (concrete or abstract).

Christophobes March On

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 3:31 PM
Personally, I think Kelvin's suspension was probably legit - I've not read his book, but when you write that homosexuality (and presumably other sins as well) are wrong and hell-worthy and pass that writing out to those whose careers you can easily destroy you're not doing your job, and you're making a mess.

Christophobes March On

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 3:25 PM
btw, if you want to help this guy Kelvin Cochran out, you can buy his book. http://www.amazon.com/Who-Told-That-Were-Naked/dp/0985496851/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1418761389&sr=1-1&pebp=1418761381585

Ph.D.'s and other False Gods

Mag14 Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 1:26 PM
Prager chooses a narrower definition of 'kill' when he speaks of not committing murder. I am persuaded that this must have been what was meant. However, he chooses a wider definition of 'false gods' when he speaks of the wrongness of worshiping education, art, love, etc. People may indeed hold these things to be paramount. That doesn't make them any kind of gods, false or otherwise.