In response to:
The most realistic solution would declare bankruptcy and start over. The people already retired would move to the level of any ordinary citizen--SS payment level. The rest would follow. The unions dissolve and the whole wretched mess gets tossed on the scrap heap of bad ideas.The union idea would work only if all union members would voluntarily shop for the highest prices to support the other guys union.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 11 hours ago