In response to:
The most realistic solution would declare bankruptcy and start over. The people already retired would move to the level of any ordinary citizen--SS payment level. The rest would follow. The unions dissolve and the whole wretched mess gets tossed on the scrap heap of bad ideas.The union idea would work only if all union members would voluntarily shop for the highest prices to support the other guys union.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago