Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
(continued) While I agree that real debate is always a good thing, the debate against marijuana has been using the same tired old statistics that have been used for 50 years. Try this on for size, how many violent crimes have been committed by people high on booze as opposed to marijuana? How many highway deaths can be attributed to booze, as opposed to marijuana? There are people who shouldn't use pot, booze, or anything else because their systems cannot handle it.
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- Obama: Yeah, a lot of you won’t be able to keep your doctor after all Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago