Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
(continued) When I grew up and was ready to settle down and start a family, I stopped smoking it for over 20 years, (so much for the addictive BS). About 10 years ago I had to stop working early because of a severe back injury and was put on medication, (codeine), and take it 3 times a day. It helps with the pain, but causes many side effects. Using marijuana helps temper the pain and side effects. Oh, and to answer your claim about driving while under the influence I'll add this, I drove a taxi in CAL for 4 years, and have been driving since before you were born, never had an accident that was my fault, never been ticketed for unusual driving, and I smoked pot almost every day.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 7 hours ago