Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Oh Rachel, Rachel, Rachel. After reading your (thoughtful), rendition of truth, it amazes me how people like you, who've never tried marijuana, can write a piece so distorted. " 99.9% of cocaine users tried marijuana first" You call that tired old diatribe a fact? First off, please allow me to school you. I'm now 65+ and have been smoking the stuff since 1961. Now, what you may not know is that back then, you could smoke a joint in front of most police stations and the LEO wouldn't even know what it was. I took my first hit in 61 and right then, I knew it was my choice. I never really liked booze because booze makes one wild and angry, usually. As a youngster, I smoked as often as I could afford to.
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 16 mins ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago