Back in 2010, I shared a remarkable graph comparing the predictions of economists to what actually happened.
Not surprisingly, the two lines don’t exactly overlap, which explains the old joke that economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.
It’s not that economists are totally useless. It’s just that they don’t do a very good job when they venture into the filed of macroeconomics, as
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 12 hours ago