A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Newsflash for W-SMITH: You don't need job "growth" when you're at full employment (like we were after the Bush Tax Cuts). To compare "job growth" numbers between full employment situations and high unemployment situations is either ignorant or dishonest. Which were you being? Or perhaps you just didn't think about it?
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago