A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
John conflates types of incomes (investment versus earned), either because John is dishonest or because he is ignorant and brainwashed. Maybe John is both. I think that we don't have enough skin in the tax game. To that end, I think that even the lowest income earners should pay some. I also think that welfare and foodstamps should be reduced by the same % that taxes are raised, any time they are raised.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 21 hours ago