President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Or maybe consuls in benghazi
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 4 hours ago