President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
Or maybe consuls in benghazi
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Ryan and Murray announce budget deal Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Alan Grayson scammed out of millions…for the second time Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Doom: Obama’s approval hits new low, congressional Dems in trouble in new Quinnipiac poll Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Big Wind wins protection from eagle-death prosecutions, but the production tax credit is still up in the air Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Hot topic in jihadi circles: Is sodomy okay if it’s designed to make space for a bomb? Allahpundit 11 hours ago