It was crystal clear tonight that Vice President Biden was determined not to reprise the president's passive performance in Denver. In that, he succeeded. He also succeeded in interrupting his opponent constantly, repeatedly laughing at strange moments, and playing the 'loud anger' card frequently. Rep. Paul Ryan's serenity in the face of the Vice President's behavior was almost supernatural. On actual talking points, the two men battled to a draw. Ryan excelled on economic issues, gave a fabulous answer on abortion and closed strong. He also held his own on foreign policy. Biden scored on Afghanistan and by pointing out...
Matt: You're obviously a liberal, since you don't understand the meaning of "lie", and yet you pull it out of your toolbox whenever you have nothing cogent to say. When someone opines about how something came across, that is an opinion. It can't really be refuted as a lie. It's their true opinion. If you say "To me, Joe came across as wise, and knowledgeable and polite", I might call you an idiot, be amazed at how you could come up with that. But I couldmn't really call you a liar. I wish you (and your president) would figure out what a "lie" is so you could use the accusation properly..
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal at CPAC: We have long said this president is a smart man. It may be time to revisit that assumption. Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago