But one of those is no longer true. Tuesday, a federal appeals court said the state cannot maintain its flat ban on concealed-carry -- a policy that makes it unique among the 50 states. In 2008, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to have and use a gun for self-protection. Extending the logic of that decision, the appeals court...
There are certain constants to life in Illinois. Abraham Lincoln has always been revered. The Cubs always find a way to lose. Lake Michigan never goes dry. Letting citizens carrying concealed firearms is out of the question.
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 35 mins ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago