One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Gingrich's credit rating has nothing to do with other people getting jobs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 5 hours ago