FEMA's vaunted "lean forward" strategy that called for advanced staging of supplies for emergency distribution failed to live up to its billing in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
In fact, the agency appears to have been completely unprepared to distribute bottled water to Hurricane Sandy victims when the storm hit this Monday. In contrast to its stated policy, FEMA failed to have any meaningful supplies of bottled water -- or any other supplies, for that...
Maybe the water is in too big of bottles and Bloomberg banned them.
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago