But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
There are no Bush tax cuts. CONGRESS cut taxes. Bush's administration holds the record for ,most tax revenues collected three years straight. BNush had incressed tax revenues. BThe Bush administration also had DECREASING budget deficits. The last Bush with a Republican congress budget deficit was $161 billion. Pelosi, Reid Democrat controled congress bumped it up to $438 billion. The withheld the 2009 budget until Februard, 2009 and Obama signed it in March, 2009 with a budget deficit of $1./4 TRILLION. And that was their last budget. We've have had deficits over $1 trillion for the every year of the Obama administration.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- AP reporter to State Dep’t spokesman: Seriously, can you identify a single accomplishment since 2010? Allahpundit 7 hours ago