In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
The man shouldn't have to retract or restate his position. He was right on. Not only do I not think less of him for saying it, I think more of him for having the guts to tell the truth. What's sad and bad is that he thinks he has to take it back.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 19 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 20 hours ago