In an interview with NPR, Whole Foods CEO John Mackey drew a lot of attention—and criticism—by comparing ObamaCare to “fascism.” He said, "Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it—and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.” Now, he’s walking back the controversial statement even though his feelings about the health care law haven’t changed. On CBS This Morning, Mackey said it was “a bad choice of words” because it has an association with dictatorships in the 20th century....
In response to:
The man shouldn't have to retract or restate his position. He was right on. Not only do I not think less of him for saying it, I think more of him for having the guts to tell the truth. What's sad and bad is that he thinks he has to take it back.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago